You are thinking of a siding replacement, but you don’t know where to start. If you are in this situation, you only have two options. Your choices are a do-it-yourself project OR you can hire a professional contractor.
Let’s talk about the first option. If you want to do the replacement on your own, your initial reflex is to rush to the nearest roof and siding specialty shop, investigate if what’s trendy and high quality then proceed with the purchase. This happens in most cases. This is a great decision if you want to save time speaking to siding professionals and save money paying a contractor. However, this may incur several undesirable outcomes you don’t want to happen.
Below are the most common cons for a DIY siding replacement project. The pros should be money saving reasons, that’s obvious, so we don’t have to mention it anymore. If you think you can handle the cons, then you can confidently proceed with doing the replacement yourself.
- You are dedicated to do it on your own, but you don’t have enough experience, knowledge and skills required.
- If this is something that you are going to do for the first time, you need to buy all cutting, fitting and installing tools.
- Personally buy all the needed materials. You can always ask for help at the store premise.
- While you are on the process of replacing the siding, you may discover unexpected further siding damage. This is the major pitfall for replacement sessions without thorough inspection done beforehand.
- Mistakes can happen anytime. These mistakes are easy to make but hard to fix often.
Now your second option is hiring a contractor. Once again, the cons for this are clear. Contractor fee and schedule convenience are the most common cons. Given below are the pros you need to know when hiring a professional to work on your siding replacement.
- You have a legal protection for the quality of job because of the signed contract.
- Expert insight of the possibilities of money saving plans, pros and cons for each material and you can ask all the questions you want to clear all your doubts.
- Free inspection service.
- Contractor will manage the full project, from planning, preparation up to the cleanup.
- You can set a specific siding cost for your contractor to follow and still expect a quality output.
- Guarantee and warranty conditions are given.
- The siding replacement of your house will abide building codes, so safety is insured.
Weigh up the information above and rethink if you can handle the possible faults of a do-it-yourself siding replacement project or not. In addition, you have to decide very well if you want to invest in acquiring all the needed tools and start practicing doing the siding replacement always on your own. On the other hand, let the contractor do their job while you pay for their professional fee.
At Turnkey Restoration, we offer a complimentary, no obligation inspection.
Contact us and we can get you going in the best direction for you.